Oracle Practice SQL Queries 03:
31) Find the first occurance of character a from the following string Computer Maintenance Corporation?
select lstr('Computer Maintenance Corporation','a' ) from dual;
32) Replace every occurance of alphabet A with B in the string .Alliens (Use Translate function)
select translate('Alliens','A','B') from Dual;
33) Display the information from the employee table . where ever job Manager is found it should be displayed as Boss?
select ename ,replace(job,'MANAGER','BOSS') from emp;
34) Display empno,ename,deptno from emp table. Instead of display department numbers display the related department name(Use decode function)?
SELECT empno, ename, deptno,
35) Display your Age in Days?
select sysdate-to_date('30-jul-1977') from dual;
36) Display your Age in Months?
select months_between(sysdate,to_date('30-jul-1977')) from dual;
37) Display current date as 15th August Friday Nineteen Nienty Seven?
select To_char(sysdate,'ddth Month Day year') from dual;
39) Scott has joined the company on 13th August ninteen ninety?
select empno,ename,to_char(Hiredate,'Day ddth Month year') from emp;
40) Find the nearest Saturday after Current date?
select next_day(sysdate,'Saturday') from dual;
41) Display the current time?
select To_Char(sysdate,'HH:MI:SS') from dual;
42) Display the date three months before the Current date?
select Add_months(sysdate,-3) from dual;
43) Display the common jobs from department number 10 and 20?
select job from emp where job in (select job from emp where deptno=20) and deptno=10;
44) Display the jobs found in department 10 and 20 Eliminate duplicate jobs?
select Distinct job from emp where deptno in(10,20);
45) Display the jobs which are unique to department 10?
select job from emp where deptno=10;
46) Display the details of those employees who do not have any person working under him?
SELECT empno, ename, job
WHERE empno NOT IN (SELECT mgr
WHERE mgr IS NOT NULL);
47) Display the details of those employees who are in sales department and grade is 3?
SELECT e.ename, d.dname, grade
FROM emp e, dept d, salgrade
WHERE e.deptno = d.deptno AND dname = 'SALES' AND grade = 3
48) Display thoes who are not managers?
select ename from emp where job!='MANAGER';
49) Display those employees whose name contains not less than 4 characters?
Select ename from emp where length (ename)>=4
50) Display those department whose name start with 'S' while location name ends with 'K'?
Select e.ename, d.loc from emp e, dept d where d.loc like ('%K') and enamelike ('S%');