Oracle Order Management Overview::
High-Quality Customer Service
You can set up customer defaults for shipping and billing preferences. Sales orders and returns defaults expedite the entry process as well as the order copy. Users are allowed to check product availability and optionally reserve inventory during Order Entry/Shipping.
Efficient Sales Order Management
You can define flexible order cycles that meet the routing, approval revenue, and inventory requirements of all your sales channels. Sales orders enter your system immediately and are visible to every branch of your organization.
You can control the order processing by defining when to hold order lines for approval and who can apply or release each hold. Oracle Order Entry/Shipping automatically checks a customer’s credit status against the credit profile. It also automatically prices your orders as you enter them, using the pricing and discounting rules you define.
You can partially or completely ship a delivery to a specific customer. You can also create a departure, assign deliveries to the departure, and ship or backorder the departure.
For Alcoa AEP, shipping functionality will be handled by Oracle and Clear Orbit Software applications.
· Create order cycles with only the steps needed to control order processing.
· Use any number of order cycles to meet the needs of your sales channels.
· Increase control with approval steps.
· Speed Order Entry/Shipping with user-defined defaults and order templates.
· Automate item pricing and discounts.
· Create a single order for multiple shipments and different dates, Ship To addresses, shipping methods, and shipping sites.
· Control order updates with security rules.
Pricing and Discounting
· Create flexible, multilevel, currency-based price lists.
· Create automatic and manual discounts based on item, item category, customer, customer classes, customer agreement, purchase order, or order type.
· Create fixed-amount, percentage, dollar, or unit volume discounts.
· Create rule-based pricing structures.
· Ship a delivery partially or completely to a specific customer.
· Create a departure, assign deliveries to the departure, and ship or backorder the departure.
· Control the confirmation of partial shipments.
· Record multiple freight costs for a pick slip.
· Enter individual and ranges of serial numbers for item control.
· Determine the item to be fulfilled from warehouse or sourced externally at entry time or scheduling.
· Reduce order fulfillment time by streamlining the process to create purchase orders, releases, or requisitions for the drop shipment order.
· Track the purchase orders status for the drop shipment order.
· Invoice your customers after the products have been shipped.
· Process drop shipment return to supplier or receive products into your inventory.
· Apply holds to items, customers, sites, or orders.
· Hold orders at any step of the order process.
· Control hold updates by user.
· Track holds that you place and remove.
· Check credit automatically during Order Entry/Shipping and Pick Release.
· Set customer limits per order and for all orders.
· Assign tolerances to single-order and total-order limits.
· Enter returns by item, order, purchase order, or invoice.
· Create replacement orders.
· Automatically create applied credit memos or on-account credits.
· Import sales orders and order changes from other systems (Order Import).
· Import shipment confirmation and update shipping details from data collection devices or shipping systems (Update Shipping).